Peter Pan modifies service for Dec. 11

Students traveling through Peter Pan may experience complications today following the events in NYC this morning. (raymondclarkeimages/Flickr, Creative Commons)

University of Connecticut students traveling on Peter Pan buses today may experience complications due to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City’s closure this morning.

The 4:00 p.m. Peter Pan bus scheduled to travel from Hartford to New York City will stop in Waterbury, Southbury and Danbury, but will not continue on to New York City, according to Peter Pan Bus Line’s website.

The 6:00 p.m. Peter Pan bus traveling from Hartford to New York City via Farmington, Waterbury, Southbury and Danbury has been canceled, according to the website.

The 8:30 p.m. Peter Pan Bus scheduled to travel from New York City to Danbury, Waterbury and Hartford will start in Danbury instead of New York City, according to the website.

Service will run as normally scheduled on Tuesday, Dec 12.

Customers who traveled on Peter Pan buses to New York City before 2:30 p.m. were brought to Port Authority’s temporary drop-off location, South Street Seaport, located at 19 Fulton St., according to a Peter Pan Bus Line announcement.

Customers who have purchased tickets to travel to/from New York City today can have their tickets rescheduled to another date at no cost by calling Peter Pan at 1-800-343-9999.

Customers who are unable to travel or reschedule can request a credit or refund online.

Port Authority was closed this morning due to an explosion this morning in a nearby subway passageway.  The suspect detonated a potentially deadly “improvised low-tech explosive device” inside a New York City subway passageway at around 7:20 a.m., according to NBC News.

The suspect and three other people were injured in the explosion, according to NBC. None of the injuries are life-threatening.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio called the explosion an “attempted terror attack” and said there were no additional known incidents.

Gabriella Debenedictis is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at gabriella.debenedictis@uconn.edu.