Farmhouse Crȇpes closed for renovations until sometime during winter break

Farmhouse Crȇpes in Storrs Center closed for renovations on Tuesday, Nov. 28.  There is nothing wrong with the restaurant, but that he wanted to make design changes. (Olivia Stenger/The Daily Campus)

Farmhouse Crȇpes in Storrs Center closed for renovations on Tuesday, Nov. 28 and is expected to be closed until sometime during winter break, according to Tahj-Anthony Jean, fifth-semester economics major and owner of Farmhouse Crȇpes.

“We are hoping to reopen over break, but the students will be able to come back when school starts again,” said Jean, who quit the UConn football team to open the restaurant.

Jean said he stressed that there is nothing wrong with the restaurant, but that he wanted to make design changes.

“I thought it would be best if we do this now rather than later,” Jean said. “We opened on Oct. 11, and it would be harder to do these changes later.”

Jean said the restaurant has earned five stars on Google and Facebook and 4.5 stars on Yelp since opening. Because of these positive reviews, Jean said he was confident this would be a good time to do renovations.

These design changes are the last steps to the creation of the restaurant, Jean said.

“We are adding a digital menu, more lights and more food to the menu,” Jean said. “We want to ensure that all our customers are happy.”

The only problem the restaurant has faced so far, according to Jean, is a smoke problem that often arises when there are big crowds, since the kitchen gets really busy.

Jean said he hopes Farmhouse Crȇpes’ future includes additional locations. He said he aims to make a franchise out of the company.

“I’ve always been passionate about business,” Jean said. “I started making crȇpes when I was 12 for my mom on Mother’s Day.”

Jean said he wants to provide a good environment for students to drink coffee and eat crepes.

“Overall, we just want to make a more enjoyable experience for the customer,” Jean said.

Jean said he hopes the restaurant can benefit not only UConn students, but also community members in need.

“Another great thing is a percent of our profits go to help poor people,” Jean said. “Not many people know that.” 

Ashley Anglisano is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached by email at ashley.anglisano@uconn.edu.