Spring fee bill deadline approaching

Payments are not accepted over the phone but can be paid via the Student Administration System or the E-Bill and Payment Suite, according to the website. (Zhelun Lang/The Daily Campus)

Several deadlines for Spring 2018 semester fee bills are coming from the Bursar’s office as the Fall 2018 semester ends.

The undergraduate Spring fee bill is due Jan. 8, 2018 while the graduate fee bill is due Jan. 12, 2018, according to the Bursar’s Office website.

Third-semester chemical engineering major Annie Gao said she thinks that the deadline is reasonable because students also have the option to split up their payments rather than paying the fee bill by the January deadline.

“There are payment plans you can sign up for that spread out the payments in smaller chunks over a longer period of time which is what I do,” Gao said.

For those like Gao who choose to spread out their payments with the spring installment plan, the first installment is due Dec.15, the second installment is due Jan, 15, third installment is due Feb. 15 and the fourth installment is due March 15, according to the website.

Payments are not accepted over the phone but can be paid via the Student Administration System or the E-Bill and Payment Suite, according to the website.

Other payment options include paying by mail or paying in person, according to the website.

Gao said she believes that the Spring fee bill deadline should be later.

“It makes sense that the due date is before the spring semester starts, but I feel like the date could be pushed back to the end of winter break rather than two weeks into it,” Gao said.

Third-semester communications major Winfield Zhou said he believes that the fee bill date gives students enough time to pay their bills.

“It’s enough time since it’s the week before classes start for the spring semester and they need to know if students will be returning or not,” Zhou said. “It’s better to know sooner rather than later.”

More information can be found on bursar.uconn.edu/payment-options. For inquiries, calls can be made to 860-486-4830 or emails can go to Bursar@uconn.edu.

Kim Nguyen is the associate managing editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at kimberly.nguyen@uconn.edu.