Singing the blues: Your ultimate breakup playlist

Spending this Valentine’s Day newly single? Whether you’re crying, raging or just trying to get over your ex, these are your go-to songs.

Baby Blue by Action Bronson ft. Chance the Rapper

Do you hate your ex? Because Action Bronson sure does. Not to mention, this is the song where Chance blessed us with the line “I hope you never get off Fridays and you work at a Friday’s that’s always busy on Fridays.” Ouch.

Hold Up by Beyoncé

Beyoncé’s song of female empowerment and rising from the ashes after being betrayed makes me feel like I don’t need no man, and you sure don’t either.

If I Were a Boy by Beyoncé

Did you really think I could only put one Yoncé song on here? This one’s for every girl who’s ever been treated wrong.

Hey Jealousy by The Gin Blossoms

Is ugly crying into your pillow at night your way of coping? This emotional 90’s alt-rock song is all about revisiting an old flame and wondering if things could be different.

Self Esteem by The Offspring

Self-deprecation and low self-esteem (hence the title) fill this punk classic. This one’s for the backsliders.

Marvins Room by Drake

Have you ever seen the video that went viral of that guy sitting in his friend’s car while this song plays and tears are streaming down his face? Because I’ve been that guy. You’ve been that guy. We’ve all been that guy.

Somebody Else by The 1975

This melancholy-yet-dancey alt track tells a story of watching a significant other leave, but it’s so catchy you won’t know whether to mope or dance.

Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

This song is classic in its own right. Then you remember Stevie Nicks wrote this song about Lindsey Buckingham and has been performing it by his side for four decades and you wonder who started cutting onions.

Heartbeat by Childish Gambino

Okay so a lot of people don’t like “Camp,” but I can’t help but sing/rap every word when this song comes on. Gambino is angry and sad and misses this girl all at the same time. If you’re suffering from that post-relationship back-and-forth what-are-we feeling, this song is your therapy.

You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette

One of Alanis Morissette’s biggest hits is the song to scream to when you got blindsided. In your car, in your dorm, in the middle of the seal on Fairfield Way. Let it out honey, you need it.

Schae Beaudoin is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached by email at schae.beaudoin@uconn.edu.