No. 1 UConn heads to Big Easy to take on Tulane

Gabby Williams floats a basket over a South Carolina defender during the Huskies 66-55 victory over the Gamecocks on Feb. 13, 2017.

Time and Place: 7 p.m. Saturday Feb. 18 at Devlin Field House in New Orleans, Louisiana

Where to Watch: SNY, channel 64 on Storrs TV listings

Last Meeting: UConn won 100-56 this season on Jan. 22 at Gampel Pavilion. The Huskies are 6-0 all time against the Green Wave.

UConn’s Last Time Out: 66-55 win over No. 6 South Carolina at Gampel Pavilion on Feb. 13, 2017

Tulane’s Last Time Out: 62-51 win at home over Cincinnati on Feb. 15

Projected Starting Lineups: UConn (25-0, 12-0 the American) vs. Tulane (16-10, 7-6 the American)

G: Saniya Chong vs. Leslie Vorpahl

Two of the best point guards in the American will go head-to-head in New Orleans on Saturday. Vorpahl is averaging six assists per game, good for third in the American. Chong leads the country with a 4.9 assist to turnover ratio and is third on the Huskies with just over four assists per game.

G: Kia Nurse vs. Kolby Morgan

Nurse played a season-low 18 minutes in the win over South Carolina after reinjuring her right ankle, scoring just three points. Morgan is third in the American at 19 points per game and dropped 22 points on the Huskies in their matchup in January.

F: Gabby Williams vs. Courtnie Latham

Williams is fresh off arguably her best performance as a Husky, scoring a career-high 26 points and 14 rebounds to lead UConn to victory over No. 6 South Carolina. Latham is second on the team in assists behind Vorpahl with a total of 64 this season.

W: Katie Lou Samuelson vs. Meredith Schulte

Samuelson struggled against the Gamecocks, failing to hit a 3-pointer for the second time this season and scoring six points on 2-12 shooting. Schulte scored a game-high 14 points in the Green Wave’s most recent victory over Cincinnati.

F: Napheesa Collier vs. Harlyn Wyatt

Collier turned in another impressive performance Monday night against the Gamecocks, scoring 18 points and adding nine rebounds before fouling out with three minutes to play. Wyatt is second on the team in rebounding with 5.2 rebounds per game.

Talking Points

Nurse-ing an injury: After reinjuring her right ankle early in the game against South Carolina and playing only 18 minutes, Nurse will likely play a similar role against Tulane. If she does see fewer minutes, Crystal Dangerfield, who scored five points and added seven assists against the Gamecocks, will likely get the bulk of those minutes.

Samuelson struggling from deep: In her last four games, Samuelson is 6-29 from the 3-point line, shooting just 21 percent from deep. While she’s slumping from beyond the arc, it hasn’t affected her scoring much, as Samuelson is averaging 16 points in the Huskies’ last four matchups.

Gone Streaking: With the win over South Carolina, the Huskies now have 100-straight wins. UConn also owns the longest road winning streak in the history of women’s college basketball at 36 games and counting.

Dan Madigan is the sports editor for The Daily Campus, covering women's basketball. He can be reached via email at daniel.madigan@uconn.edu. He tweets @dmad1433.