Jacqueline Jordan leads the Huskies with four points during field hockey home opener

Pictured: Jacqueline Jordan (number 3) vs. a Boston College opponent Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017 at the George J. Sherman Family Sports Center.  The Huskies lost 11-14. (Jason Jiang/ The Daily Campus)

UConn women’s lacrosse faced Boston College Wednesday in their home opener at the George J. Sherman Family Sports Complex. Their loss against the Eagles of 14-11 leaves the Huskies 1-2 so far in the season.

Senior attacker Jacqueline Jordan was the highlight of the offense against Boston College, notching a hat trick during the first half alone. Jordan’s three consecutive goals came at the last 9:28, 8:20 and 7:13 of the first half. Her three goals brings her to seven total goals so far this season.

Jordan was also responsible for a ground ball pick up at 6:48 in the first half and three turnovers, one in the last seven minutes of the first half, and two in the beginning of the second half.

Jordan also made one assist during the second half at 22:37 on a goal by Maggie Tripodi, her fifth goal of the season.

Jordan, the UConn senior from Los Gatos, California, has had an excellent start to the 2017 season. During her last season, Jordan was in all 17 games and earned 14 starts. Jordan was also known for her 2015 season by starting 16 of the 18 games and scoring 37 points and 24 goals.

Jordan had the highest shots on goal for the game against Boston College with her 3 successful shots. She also has the second highest scoring percentage of the 2017 season.

UConn women’s lacrosse will now face the UNH Wildcats this Sunday, Feb. 26 at 1 p.m. at the George J. Sherman Family Sports Complex. The Wildcats are currently 0-2 after their 18-8 loss against Dartmouth on Wednesday.

Kristina Carretero is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at kristina.carretero@uconn.edu.