UConn students arrested for providing alcohol at party on night of Jeffny Pally’s death

Jeffny Pally, 19, was a sophomore from West Hartford. She studied allied health and made her presence known all over campus through involvement in groups far and wide, from her sorority to Community Outreach. (Courtesy/Facebook)

Six University of Connecticut students were arrested on Feb. 24 for alcohol-related involvement on the night of student Jeffny Pally’s untimely death, according to a report released by state police.

Pally, 19, died after being hit by a UConn fire department vehicle on Oct. 16. She had been sitting with her back against the fire station door when it was opened so that fire crews could respond to what turned out to be a false alarm.

On Jan. 31, Tolland State Police applied for the arrest warrants of six students who had hosted an off-campus fraternity party that Pally had attended on the night of her death.

Patrick Augustin Callahan, 21, of Mansfield, Matthew Aaron Moll, 21, of Mansfield, Dylan P. Morose, 22, of Storrs, and Jonathan Louis Polansky, 22, of West Simsbury, were each charged with eight counts of permitting a minor to illegally possess alcohol.

Dominic Robert Godi, 21, of Bolton, who was 20 at the time of the incident, was charged with possession of alcohol by a minor and conspiracy to commit illegal delivery of alcohol to minors.

Austin Lee Custodio, 21, of Pine Bush, N.Y., was charged with selling and delivering alcohol to minors.

Custodio used the fraternity’s debit card to purchase 30 packs of beer and five bottles of vodka for the party, all of which he gave to Godi, who was under 21 at the time, who then transported the alcohol to a shed in the backyard, according to the affidavit from the Tolland Police’s arrest warrant application.

Several witnesses attested to seeing Pally consume alcohol throughout the night before attending the party. Several other witnesses stated they had seen Pally drink one to five beers once at the party, which she was seen taking from the shed. Witnesses reported that no one was giving out wristbands to those over 21 and no one was checking identifications, according to the affidavit.

At the time of her death, Pally, who was underaged, had a dangerously high blood alcohol content of 0.25 percent, according to the affidavit.

Moll, Callahan, Polansky and Morose are members of the Kappa Sigma fraternity who rent the house where the party was held. Polansky’s name is no longer on the lease but was at the time of the incident.

No other arrests are expected for this case, according to the report.

Anna Zarra Aldrich is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at anna.aldrich@uconn.edu. She tweets @ZarraAnna.

Molly Stadnicki contributed reporting to this article. Stadnicki is the associate news editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at molly.stadnicki@uconn.edu.