Women's Basketball: HBO documentary "UConn Huskies: The March to Madness" debuts Wednesday

From left: Players Tierney Lawlor, Molly Bent, Gabby Williams and Napheesa Collier sit on the bench while coach Chris Dailey looks on in UConn's 91-48 win over Memphis on Feb. 25, 2017 at Gampel Pavilion (Jackson Haigis/The Daily Campus). 

On Wednesday, March 1, HBO will debut “UConn Huskies: The March to Madness,” an unscripted documentary series chronicling the women’s basketball team’s quest for a fifth-straight national championship.

The hour-long debut will air from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. on March 1, followed by upcoming 30-minute episodes on upcoming Wednesdays through the end of UConn’s season.

It can be seen on HBO as well as the network’s streaming services, HBO GO and HBO NOW.

For UConn students without an HBO subscription, SUBOG has partnered with HBO and will be showing the premiere episode on Thursday, March 2 in Oak Hall room 101 at 6:30 p.m.

HBO’s feature is the second “March to Madness” documentary the network has produced. Last season, HBO followed the Gonzaga men’s basketball team as the Bulldogs reached the NCAA tournament for the 18th-straight season. 

Dan Madigan is the sports editor for The Daily Campus, covering women's basketball. He can be reached via email at daniel.madigan@uconn.edu. He tweets @dmad1433.