Making your Super Bowl party a little more fun with a drinking game

A photo of the Superbowl Sunday stadium in 2009. (Sean Hobson/Creative Commons Flickr)

For our of-age readers, you may be looking for a few things to spice up your Super Bowl party. This may especially be the case if you are a fan of neither team and need some extra motivation to keep watching. Here is your guide to a Super Bowl LI drinking game, inspired by those at awfulannouncing.com:

Drink One every time:

1. Deflategate is mentioned
  2. Tom Brady is fired up on camera
  3. A white player is called “gritty” “high motor” or “a winner”
  4. Malcolm Butler’s Super Bowl winning interception is mentioned
  5. A Bud Light or Doritos commercial airs
  6. The camera pans to Roger Goodell or Robert Kraft

Drink Two every time:

1. Fox play-by-play commentator Joe Buck screams “TOUCHDOWN”
  2. Fox color commentator Troy Aikman mentions his playing days
  3. Brady being picked in the sixth round is mentioned
  4. Buck mentions the love of his life Aaron Rodgers
  5. Matt Ryan is called “elite”
  6. The announcers say Falcons’ head coach Dan Quinn is looking for revenge after losing to the Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX as the Seattle Seahawks’ defensive coordinator

Chug every time:

1. Either of UConn’s two representatives on the Falcons are mentioned and/or get in for a play
  2. A former Cleveland Brown is called lucky for leaving the Browns for a Super Bowl contender
  3. Tom Brady’s wife, Gisele Bundchen, is shown on camera
  4. Either team’s owner, Robert Kraft or Arthur Blank, says something mildly insensitive
  5. A player from the winning team audibly swears in the trophy raising at the end of the game

Follow these rules and your Super Bowl party should be a little more interesting, whether you are a devoted fan of one of the two participating teams, a Patriots’ hater, or a less than interested party-goer. If you do end up following each and every rule, make sure you drink responsibly as this could be a bit much for even the most experienced drinker.

Chris Hanna is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at christopher.hanna@uconn.edu. He tweets @realchrishanna.