USG applications for positions in office due Friday

Applications for USG Senate are due Friday, Feb. 10. USG has over 60 senators who serve one-year terms. (Amar Batra/The Daily Campus)

Candidates for the Undergraduate Student Government Senate will have to file election packets by Friday, Feb. 10. USG represents over 16,000 undergraduates at the University of Connecticut. 

USG has over 60 senators, each elected to a one-year term. Multiple senators represent each student. Candidates must fill out an election packet for their desired seat in office.

In the spring, senate members represent students within different academic colleges, according to USG’s website.

In the election packet, students must write their name, the position sought and relative constituency, among other things. The number of seats open for each constituency is displayed on the election packet.

Candidates must then acquire at least 10 signatures from students in their constituency. For example, if a candidate is running for a position in the CLAS senate, they must get 10 signatures from students in CLAS.

Specific guidelines are enclosed within election packets.

USG holds an election each semester. Each spring, academic and Multicultural/Diversity senate seats are up for election; while each fall residential and class senate seats are up, according to USG.

Students can access elections through the election portal

Emma DeGrandi is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at emma.degrandi@uconn.edu.