New app 'CAMPUS DISCO' provides easy access to student discounts

CAMPUS DISCO is a new app that provides college students easy access to buy the things they want and need with digital discounts. Students can download the free app and log in with their “.edu” email address to access discounts and deals from brands and retailers they value. (The Daily Campus)

A new student discount app called CAMPUS DISCO provides college students easy access to buy the things they want and need with digital discounts. According to a press release, students can download the free app and log in with their “.edu” email address to access discounts and deals from brands and retailers they value.

“Our goal is to reinvigorate an antiquated system,” CAMPUS DISCO founder and CEO Julie Jatlow said. “Student discounts have been around for a long time but they are now available digitally within one platform.”

The free app, which is available on Apple devices in the App Store, gives students the convenience and power to save through their mobile device 24/7. Deals are instantly available to users, offering multitudes of shopping choices and brands in one place. CAMPUS DISCO offers discounts from some of the most well-known and adored brands on the planet, the press release said.

“Every brand should consider offering college students discounts,” Jatlow said. “Brands featured on CAMPUS DISCO such as iTunes, TOPSHOP, Staples and EMS are prioritizing the college market and it’s a win-win for both companies and for students.”

The app is designed to resemble the feed on popular social media channels; students scroll through a stream of discounts from hundreds of brands. The app allows students to shop by category and share details with friends, according to the press release.

Students at the University of Connecticut have noted the potential benefits of using CAMPUS DISCO.

“I would definitely use it; it sounds very helpful,” second-semester student Julie Cahill said. “If it’s something that has good deals, it would help fit shopping into my budget.”

“Since I do a lot of shopping anyway, this app seems like an easy way to save money without changing my shopping habits,” fourth-semester environmental science major Julia Kendzierski said.

Gabriella Debenedictis is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at gabriella.debenedictis@uconn.edu.