UConn football announces 2017 schedule

UCONN Wins 62-3 against Texas Southern. 

Randy Edsall’s second stint in Storrs will begin Aug. 31 at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field. UConn football announced released its full 2017 schedule Thursday, which kicks off at home against Football Championship Subdivision foe Holy Cross. It will mark Edsall’s first game back at Rentschler Field since coaching Maryland to a 32-21 victory over the Huskies on Sept. 14, 2013.

The matchup against the Crusaders marks the first of six true home games for UConn. The Huskies will welcome USF to East Hartford one week later on Sept. 9, and will take on Memphis on Friday, Oct. 6 in a matchup that will be broadcast by ESPN. Following the matchup against Memphis, UConn will welcome Tulsa and Missouri in back-to-back weeks on Oct. 21 and 28 before the home slate ends with East Carolina on Nov. 4 for Senior Day.

UConn will also play as the home team when they take on Boston College at Fenway Park on Saturday, Nov. 18. The Huskies gave up a home at Rentschler Field for a guaranteed $1.25 million for participating in the “Football at Fenway” series, the largest game guarantee in program history.

The road schedule has UConn traveling to Virginia for a matchup against the Cavaliers on Sept. 16, followed by the Huskies’ American Athletic Conference road opener against SMU on Sept. 30. UConn will take on reigning American Athletic Conference champion Temple at Lincoln Financial Field on Oct. 14. After a three-game homestand, the Huskies head south for The Conflict against UCF in Orlando, Florida on Nov. 4 before ending the regular season with Nov. 25 game against Cincinnati.

Because of the number of teams in American, UConn will not be playing Houston, Navy or Tulane this season. UConn will play four opponents that finished last season in Football Outsider’s S&P+ Top 60: Temple (32), Memphis (44), Tulsa (54) and USF (55). All kickoff times for Huskies’ 2017 season have yet to be announced.

Tickets for the Huskies’ home games will go on sale Monday, Feb. 13, and the full schedule can be viewed here.

Dan Madigan is the sports editor for The Daily Campus, covering women's basketball. He can be reached via email at daniel.madigan@uconn.edu. He tweets @dmad1433.