Glen Miller to leave his position as associate head coach

(PhotoCourtesy of uconnhuskies.com)

(PhotoCourtesy of uconnhuskies.com)

Associate head coach Glen Miller, who has held his position under head coach Kevin Ollie for the past five seasons, is leaving the program, according to a press release from the university. 

Miller has been involved with UConn basketball for 14 years during two seven-year stints. An original member of Jim Calhoun's coaching staff, he left to serve as head coach for Connecticut College, Brown University and the University of Pennsylvania before returning to UConn in 2010.

"We appreciate the countless contributions Glen has made to UConn basketball, as a player, a coach and the associate head coach,” Ollie said in a statement. “His integrity, his dedication to the program, and his commitment to our student-athletes have been outstanding and he has had a huge role in the success we’ve achieved. I wish him nothing but the best in the future."

Miller became a full-time assistant coach under Calhoun in 2011-12, and has kept this position during Ollie's tenure. He also served as the coach for UConn's big men. 

Stephanie Sheehan is the associate managing editor for The Daily Campus, covering men’s basketball. She can be reached via email at stephanie.sheehan@uconn.edu. She tweets @steph_sheehan.