What to watch on Netflix in March

Queen Latifa in musical comedy "Chicago".  The movie won an Academy Award for Best Picture in 2003.  The movie is now available on Netflix.  (screenshot/Nwtflix)

A new month means new options on Netflix and with spring break right around the corner, chances are you’ll be looking for something to watch with all your free time.

To kick things off, season two of the romantic comedy Netflix original series “Love” created by Judd Apatow (“Freaks and Geeks,” “Superbad” and “Pineapple Express”) premieres on Friday, March 10. The show stars Gillian Jacobs as Mickey, and Paul Rust as Gus and follows their lives as they navigate dating in the modern age through female and male perspectives.

The musical comedy “Chicago,” starring Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renee Zellweger and Richard Gere is available to watch now. The movie won an Academy Award for Best Picture in 2003. Users can catch the classic “Jurassic Park” as well.

If horror is your go-to genre, you can see “Momento” (2000) that follows a man’s search for his wife’s murderer while “keeping his short-term memory loss from being an obstacle,” according to IMDb. And also “The Craft” (1996) about four teenage girls who practice witchcraft and use spells on anyone who crosses them.

To fulfill your rom-com needs, Woody Allen’s “Midnight in Paris” (2011) starring Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams, as well as “Safe Heaven” (2013) with Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel have just been added.

If you’re looking strictly for a laugh, catch Jack Black in “Nacho Libre” (2006), “Amy Schumer: The Leather Special,” Adam Sandler in “The Waterboy” (1998) or season three of “Grace and Frankie.”

To channel your inner child watch Disney’s “Pete’s Dragon” (1977) and “The BFG” (2016), “Coraline” (2009) or “Kung Fu Panda” (2008).  

Two Netflix Originals are making their debut in March. First, Marvel’s “Iron Fist” season one on March 17, which is about a man who “is bestowed with incredible martial arts skills and a mystical force known as the Iron fist,” according to the show’s IMDb page. Second, “13 Reasons Why” based on the novel by Jay Asher of the same name on March 31. It’s a mystery drama about a high school student who finds cassette tapes recorded by a classmate he had a crush on who committed suicide. The tapes account 13 reasons why she decided to do it.

Other things to watch include “Million Dollar Baby” on March 13, season three of “How to Get Away with Murder” on March 23, “Better Call Saul” season two on March 27 and “Archer” season seven on March 28.

To see full list of everything new visit hollywoodreporter.com

Angie DeRosa is the life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at angelina.derosa@uconn.edu.  She tweets @theangiederosa.