Rapper Aminé to open for Lil Uzi Vert at Spring Concert

Aminé is best known for his song “Caroline,” which reached the No. 11 spot on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart. The Spring Concert is scheduled for Thursday, April 6 at Gampel Pavilion. The time of the concert will be announced at a later date. (Wikipedia Creative Commons)

SUBOG took to their Twitter account Wednesday afternoon to announce American rapper Aminé as the opening act to this year’s Spring Concert with Lil Uzi Vert.

Aminé is best known for his song “Caroline,” which reached the No. 11 spot on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart.

The Spring Concert is scheduled for Thursday, April 6 at Gampel Pavilion. The time of the concert will be announced at a later date.

SUBOG currently has a lottery opened until Friday, March 10 at noon for students to enter to win tickets. Students are eligible for two floor tickets (student or guest), or four tickets for the lower or upper level seating. There will be 5, 800 tickets available.

Floor tickets will be $30 for UConn-Storrs undergraduate students and $40 for Guests. Lower level seating will be $20 for students, and $30 for guests. Upper level will be $15 for students, and $25 for guests.

UConn-Storrs undergraduate students will have priority in purchasing tickets, regional campus students as well as graduate students may have the opportunity to purchase tickets at a future date if tickets remain.

Students will be notified on Monday, March 20 via an email if they won the lottery.

For those that do not win the lottery, SUBOG will be doing special giveaways for tickets leading up to the week of the concert.

Angie DeRosa is the life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at angelina.derosa@uconn.edu.  She tweets @theangiederosa.