UConn lands another commit for 2017-18 season

Kevin Ollie draws up a play in UConn's game against Memphis on Feb. 16, 2017 at the XL Center. (Zhelun Lang/The Daily Campus)

Eric Cobb, a 6-foot-9 forward who has spent the last year at Chipola College of the NJCAA, has committed to UConn for the 2017-18 season.

Cobb, a Jacksonville, Florida native and originally a forward/center for South Carolina, was dismissed from the program after his freshman year following several violations of team rules. He then went to the junior college level for the 2016-17 season in an attempt to find his way back to NCAA basketball.

It was initially reported back in early February that UConn had extended an offer to Cobb. It was first reported by JucoRecruiting.com on Twitter that Cobb had officially committed to UConn.

This season with Chipola College, Cobb has averaged 10.9 points per game on 52.6 percent shooting, as well as 8.2 rebounds per game. He was recently named to the All-Conference Second Team.

Upon coming to UConn in 2017, Cobb will have two full years of eligibility left. His height and large build make him a welcome addition to the frontcourt, where the Huskies struggle to crash the boards.

Stephanie Sheehan is the associate managing editor for The Daily Campus, covering men’s basketball. She can be reached via email at stephanie.sheehan@uconn.edu. She tweets @steph_sheehan.