Preview: 'UConn March to Madness' episode 2 airs today

Airing March 8 at 10 p.m. will be the second episode of UConn: the March to Madness on HBO. Those looking to stream the special will be able to do so the following morning starting at 7 a.m. on both the HBO Now and HBO GO platforms.

The hour long first episode (which premiered on March 1) gave fans and viewers access to head coach Geno Auriemma and into the lives of the players both on and off the court. From getting a live look in to practices, the locker rooms and hearing Auriemma mic’d up at the game; viewers were able to see what it was like to be a member of the National Championship UConn Huskies women’s basketball team.

Episode two of the special will be 27 minutes long as the preview hints that the episode will be about the American Athletic Conference Championship Tournament and their quest to repeat as national champions for the fifth straight year. From March 4-6, the Huskies defeated three conference opponents, including USF by a score of 100-44 in the finals to win their fourth straight AAC tournament.

Expect for the second episode to highlight sophomores Katie Lou Samuelson and Napheesa Collier being named Co-Players of the Year in the AAC and Samuelson going a perfect 10-10 from behind the arc in the finals. Hopefully the HBO special will have moments off the court like the first episode to show the players as both athletes and students. Make sure to read the review article about the second episode of the HBO special in the Daily Campus, later in the week.

Matt Kren is a staff writer for The Daily Campus, covering women’s basketball. He can be reached via email at matthew.kren@uconn.edu.