Limited-time only creation at Insomnia melts in your mouth

Insomnia Cookie's new cookie is Lemon White Chocolate Chip and is available at the Storrs Center location for a limited time. (Amar Batra/The Daily Campus)

Everyone at UConn knows how good Insomnia Cookies can be. One bite into that perfectly baked, warm and yummy cookie and you’re hooked. What people may not know is that UConn’s favorite late night cookie restaurant has added a new creation to their menu for a limited time, the lemon white chocolate chip cookie.

This new cookie was added as a way to introduce something special to the menu for the spring season and joins a list of other limited time flavors including Red Velvet and Butterscotch Pecan. Lemon white chocolate chip was previously on the menu in 2015, but will be available for purchase until they run out. An individual lemon white chocolate chip can be purchased for $1.69 including tax, the usual price of the standard cookies at Insomnia, so it is just about the same price as a Student Union Market cookie.

In terms of flavor, the lemon white chocolate chip cookie has that zesty, citrusy taste coming from the lemon, a taste I thoroughly enjoy in cakes and other desserts. The zesty lemon touch in combination with the warmth of the cookie makes for an especially delicious first impression. Adding in the sweet, buttery flavor of the white chocolate chips embedded in the cookie and you have a really nice Insomnia cookie.

It’s hard to not fall in love with every single one of Insomnia Cookie’s creations and this cookie is no different. If you are looking to try out a new cookie your next visit, the lemon white chocolate chip cookie is absolutely the one to go for since it could be gone in just a few weeks. It also goes well in combination with ice cream if you’re looking to try it out in Insomnia’s ice cream sandwiches. My personal recommendation is to try it out with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, but it really could go with just about any flavor of ice cream.

Putting a rating on an individual cookie is a difficult task, since Insomnia makes them so well. Instead, I’ll just rank it compared to my other favorite cookies that Insomnia has to offer. My favorite cookie in general is the deluxe chocolate peanut butter cup cookie so that is at the top of my rankings. Followed by the snickerdoodle and peanut butter chip standard cookies. I’d put the lemon white chocolate chip cookie right after that, fourth place in my rankings.

Regardless of where it stands on my rankings, all Insomnia cookies are good. So try lemon white chocolate chip cookie while you can, it will be worth it.

Chris Hanna is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at christopher.hanna@uconn.edu. He tweets @realchrishanna.