Dining Services hours to change for Easter Weekend

All dining halls, including Putnam (above), and retail dining locations at UConn's Storrs campus will operate under different hours for this coming Easter Weekend. (Jason Jiang/The Daily Campus)

All residential dining halls and retail dining locations at the University of Connecticut Storrs campus will operate on an alternate schedule this coming Friday through Sunday, due to Easter Weekend.

“The reason why we change our hours is that there is a significant drop in participation over this weekend and it does not require as many units to be open,” Dining Services executive director Dennis Pierce said.

According to Pierce and a recent post on UConn’s Student Daily Digest, dining halls will operate under the following hours:

• Good Friday: all units will be open for breakfast and lunch. South Campus Marketplace, Northwest Dining Hall and Gelfenbien Commons will be open for dinner.
  • Saturday: South will be open for breakfast, brunch and dinner. Northwest Dining Hall and Gelfenbien Commons will be open for brunch and dinner.
  • Easter Sunday: South Campus Marketplace will be open for breakfast, brunch and dinner and Northwest Dining Hall and Gelfenbien Commons will serve brunch. All units will be open for dinner and Whitney, Northwest, McMahon and Putnam dining halls will be open for late night until 10:00 p.m. as usual.
  • All Grab and Go locations will close Friday and open again on Sunday at 4:00 p.m.

According to Pierce and a recent post in the Daily Digest, Dining Services’ retail locations will operate under the following hours:

• Friday and Saturday: Union Street Market, the Union Café, Freshens, One Plate Two Plates and all UC Cafes will operate on regular hours.
  • Sunday: Union Street Market will be open from 3:30 to 10:00 p.m. The Union Café, Freshens, Bookworms and the UConn Dairy Bar will be closed. One Plate Two Plates will operate on normal hours.

Anna Zarra Aldrich is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at anna.aldrich@uconn.edu. She tweets @ZarraAnna.