UConn ranked top three for college hookups

College Magazine ranked UConn No. 3 in a listing of the Top 10 Colleges for Hookups.  (Tom Simpson/Flickr Creative Commons) 

Aside from basketball, making it into a skit on Saturday Night Live and formally being home to a passionate mac ‘n’ cheese lover, University of Connecticut students have something else to pride themselves on – sex. College Magazine ranked UConn No. 3 in a listing of the Top 10 Colleges for Hookups.

According to a campus-wide survey conducted by The Daily Campus, 47 percent of UConn students said they have had a one-night stand, and 27 percent of students said they used a dating app to hook up or have sex.

Here’s what they had to say about the university:

“Connecticut has someone for everyone. With equal ratio of men and women, no one suffers from gender gaps or gaps between bodies, if you know what I mean. Grab yourself an abstinence kit, sexual goodie bags and free condoms at Wellness and Prevention Services before your hookups for the weekend begin. According to UConn’s sexual health site, their abstinence kits include popcorn, candy necklaces, gummy snacks, Play-Doh, beach balls, stamps or mind teasers. Sexual goodie bags hold 12 condoms, dental dams and lube. Though guys and gals can’t live in the same dorms at UConn, they do have co-ed floors, so ain’t nobody stopping you from heading over to Jake’s room in the middle of the night to Netflix and chill.”

Other universities in the list include Columbia University, Stanford University, University of Arizona, Oregon State University, University of Georgia, University of Oregon, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, University of Pennsylvania and Michigan State University.

According to their website, College Magazine is “the national daily guide to campus life.” Much of their articles feature university rankings of colleges in the United States, college guides, academic advice, college prep, career advice, student health and dating tips.

Angie DeRosa is the life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at angelina.derosa@uconn.edu.  She tweets @theangiederosa.