What’s coming to Netflix in May

New seasons of the popular Netflix original series “House of Cards” are being added to Netflix this May including many more shows and films.  (House of Cards/Facebook)

We all know what May means - the beginning of summer vacation. Once finals are over we will all have a lot of free time on our hands, and what better way to spend that time than relaxing and watching Netflix? There are a total of 75 new shows and films being added, including “Forrest Gump” (1994) along with new seasons of the popular Netflix original series “House of Cards” and “The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.” Here’s a look at what other films and shows will be coming and going.

Several Netflix original series are coming out with new seasons in May, and as mentioned earlier the fifth season of “House of Cards” will be released on May 30, which the award-winning political drama starring Kevin Spacey. The lighthearted comedy “The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” will come out with season three on May 19. Other originals include the second season of “Sense8” being released May 5, season three of “Bloodline” being released May 26, and the second season of “Masters of None” starring Aziz Ansari on May 12.

If you are looking for a heavier drama film, Netflix has you covered. “The Place Beyond the Pines” (2012), starring Ryan Gosling, sports-drama “Southpaw” (2015), Academy Award winning “Inglourious Basterds” (2009) and military drama “War Machine” (2017), based on a true story and stars Brad Pitt.

There are also some romantic movies being added such as “Chocolat” (2000), which stars Johnny Depp and follows the story of a single mom who moves to France to open up a chocolate shop. Romantic-comedy starring Jennifer Aniston “The Break-up” (2006) is also being added.

Action/adventure films “The Host” (2013), based on the novel by “Twilight” author Stephenie Meyer, and Marvel’s “Doctor Strange” (2016) are also new additions.

Other additions include the animated penguin film “Happy Feet” (2006), cult classic “Forrest Gump” (1994) and Freeform shows “The Fosters” and “Switched at Birth.”

Unfortunately, with the start of a new month there will also be several movies leaving, including all seasons of “Scrubs,” “The Wedding Planner,” “American Dad,” “Bob’s Burgers,” "Good Luck Charlie,” "What About Bob?,” "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown,” "Step Up"  and "Fantastic Four.” If you want to watch any of these titles, now’s your last chance!

The full list of what’s coming and going can be found on hollywoodreporter.com.

Melissa Scrivani is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at melissa.scrivani@uconn.edu.