Drink of the Week: Prosecco

Francesca Colturi, Associate Life Editor, drinking Prosecco on her 22nd birthday at Geno’s Grille in Storrs on April 17. She will graduate with a degree in anthropology and journalism, and has zero idea what the world will throw at her next, but will keep a bottle of Prosecco chilled anyways. (Photo courtesy of author).

This wasn’t a hard drink to devise for the last Thirsty Thursday of my college career, because, like myself, Prosecco is always bubbly, refreshing, Italian and alcoholic (not to mention it’s generally cheaper than champagne).

I’m still overwhelmed with assignments and without plans for the year beyond May 7, but I am in the mood to celebrate. I survived four hellish years here at UConn, a couple break-ups, a dual-major degree, juggled two jobs and made it to an editor’s position at The Daily Campus. But it’s all coming to an end and whether I will miss the D.C. or not miss classes more, it’s a guarantee that I have accomplished something at UConn, along with every other senior pondering their accomplishments.

For every student returning next semester, you still have accomplished a great deal and can celebrate the ending of spring and the beginning of summer. Even if you fail all your classes, you can celebrate getting drunk and the carefree feeling that comes with loss of all hope. If life is constantly asking you “What now?” Prosecco is the eternal answer and, going forward, each glass is a toast to you, me and the next generation of dreamers (drinkers).

Ingredients:

• Prosecco

Directions:

• Pour a glass.
  • Toast to little victories and nights off.
  • Drink.
  • Repeat.

Thank you for reading, cheers to your last night of drinking inspired by me.

Francesca Colturi is associate life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at francesca.colturi@uconn.edu.