Softball looks to bounce back against UCF

The Huskies softball team is looking to bounce back from their losing streak in Orlando this weekend. They are are 15-26 on the season and hoping to improve their 1-10 American conference record after being swept by Tulsa this past weekend. (Tyler Benton/The Daily Campus)

UConn softball is looking to snap a four-game losing streak in Orlando this weekend. The Huskies are 15-26 on the season and hoping to improve their 1-10 American conference record after being swept by Tulsa this past weekend.

UCF is having an impressive season offensively, with three players hitting above .300. Linnea Goodman leads the charge with a .379 average and 18 RBI on her 50 hits. Willow Kalinen sits behind Goodman in the batting order and bats .356 for the year. Although Kalinen has earned fewer starts on the season, she has performed well when given the chance.

UCF has four pitchers on staff. The Huskies are most likely to see Alea White starting two of the three games. White has a staff-leading 24 starts, followed by Kamryn Toney with only 10. White is 16-12 this season with a 3.48 ERA and 18 complete games on the season. Toney, on the other hand, is 4-4 for the year and has given up 50 runs in 63 innings of work, good for a 4.67 ERA.

As for the UConn offense, Carli Cutler is still leading the way with her .325 batting average. She’s the only Husky hitting above .300. Emma Stanley is hitting .289 and coming off of an American Conference Honor Roll nod. Valerie Sadowl is having a great senior season, hitting .286 with a team-leading four homeruns.

The Huskies’ pitching staff has struggled as of late, but both Katie Koshes and Jill Stockley but have ERA under 3.00. Chelsea Eckert has been impressive in relief appearances as of late, lowering her ERA to 4.34

UConn has made a costly 46 errors on the season. Of the 46, 13 have been credited to Kiwi McDaniel while another seven have gone to Cutler.

Rachel Schaefer is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at rachel.schaefer@uconn.edu.