Men's Basketball: Juwan Durham becomes third Husky to transfer

UConn' Juwan Durham drives to the hoop against North Florida. (Jackson Haigis/The Daily Campus)

For the third time this offseason, a UConn men’s basketball player has announced he will transfer. Freshman forward Juwan Durham announced via his Twitter account that he will not be returning to UConn for his sophomore season.

Durham appeared in 28 games for the Huskies this season, averaging 1.6 points and 1.5 rebounds per game. His playing time this season marked his first appearance on the court since February 2015, as he missed part of his junior season and his entrie senior year due to knee injuries. Prior to his injuries, Durham was a top-75 recruit and a McDonald’s All-American nominee.

Durham’s announcement comes nearly a week after fellow freshman Vance Jackson announced that he would transfer. The two freshman along with Steven Enoch have all announced their decision to transfer within the last month.

These three transfers coupled with incoming guard Makai Ashton-Langford’s request to be released from his letter of intent and reopen his recruitment leaves UConn with five open scholarships for next season.

Dan Madigan is the sports editor for The Daily Campus, covering women's basketball. He can be reached via email at daniel.madigan@uconn.edu. He tweets @dmad1433.