Here's what to expect from the last episode of HBO's 'March to Madness'

The UConn women's basketball team defeated the Syracuse Orange 94-64 on Monday night at Gamble Pavilion to advance to their 24th straight Sweet Sixteen. Kia Nurse led the Huskies with 29 points. (Jackson Haigis/The Daily Campus) 

Perhaps the most anticipated episode of HBO and the finale of the multi-part documentary series will be different than most expected.

Here at the University of Connecticut reaching the final game of the NCAA Women’s Tournament has become a given. Four consecutive trophies, 11 in total and head coach Geno Auriemma with the record for the most NCAA Tournament victories ever (113).

While most expected the episode to focus on the two wins that separated the Huskies from their 12th national championship, this episode will show one of the biggest upsets in sports history.

On Friday night, the Huskies lost on a buzzer beater by Morgan William that ended the streak of 111 consecutive wins.

This will be the last episode of the HBO Series “UConn: The March to Madness.” It will air Wednesday, April 5, on HBO at 10 p.m. and will be available on HBO GO and HBO Now at 7 a.m. Thursday, April 6.

Daniela Marulanda is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at daniela.marulanda@uconn.edu.