This week I wanted to do something more fun for the upcoming weekend because I know everyone is stressed out. In my opinion it’s been just enough time since the sandy beaches of Spring Break to have another margarita feature for drink of the week. Right in the thick of responsibilities when you want to find your beach, but need something stronger than Corona, try the champagne margarita. Careful, the recipe is for a *pitcher* so don’t assume this batch is one serving size.
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec Liqueur
- 1 bottle of champagne
- Limes (garnish)
- Coarse salt (garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir well.
- Cut limes into wedges, and cut a slit in the center.
- Use the lime wedges around the rim of each glass and dip the rims in coarse salt.
- Pour the margaritas into your glasses and leave the wedge on the rim.
- Enjoy with your classy amigos!
Recipe courtesy of delish.com
Francesca Colturi is associate life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.