Kylie Jenner pregnancy speculations

In this Jan. 8, 2017 file photo, Kylie Jenner arrives at the NBCUniversal Golden Globes afterparty in Beverly Hills, Calif. Several media outlets including TMZ and People are reporting Friday that 20-year-old Kylie Jenner, the youngest member of the reality show family, is expecting a child with her boyfriend Travis Scott. (Photo by Rich Fury/Invision/AP, File)

For anyone scrolling through Twitter over the weekend, it seemed merely impossible to avoid the social media uproar that formed over Kylie Jenner’s alleged pregnancy. Fans and critics of the Kardashian family are both shocked and skeptical of the news.

Kylie Jenner, a 20-year-old reality television star and entrepreneur, is said to be expecting her first child with her boyfriend, rapper Travis Scott. Jenner and Scott have been dating since April, shortly after her split from an on-again, off-again relationship with rapper Tyga.

Both Jenner and Scott have yet to comment on the pregnancy speculation, but sources have reported to TMZ that the two have announced their pregnancy news to friends and are expecting a baby girl.

This past weekend, Jenner made her first public appearance following the pregnancy rumors. She attended the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas, where Scott performed.

Although Jenner has not made any direct comments toward the pregnancy rumors, she has been active on Instagram, posting photos with her celebrity-friends. In a birthday shoutout to her best friend Jordan Woods, Jenner held up her shirt to expose her stomach, possibly hinting at her pregnancy or simply teasing the ridiculous accusations.

Tyga was quick to chime in on the pregnancy rumors by taking to Snapchat, jokingly stating that Kylie was actually pregnant with his kid, not Scott’s. Tyga deleted the Snapchat story a few minutes after uploading it.

Kylie’s mother, Kris Jenner, is the only member of the Kardashian clan who has responded to questions about Kylie’s pregnancy. While supporting her daughter Kendall during Milan Fashion Week this past weekend, The Cut asked Kris if she was aware that the pregnancy news was going to break. Kris responded simply with, “I just woke up this morning. She’s not confirmed anything. I think it’s kind of wild that everyone is just assuming that that’s just happening.” Although Kris Jenner seemed unphased by the pregnancy rumors, she did not directly confirm or deny that Kylie is expecting her first child.

Celebrities have taken to social media to express their opinions on the matter. Perez Hilton, celebrity blogger and television personal, received backlash for a YouTube video in which he said Jenner should get an abortion. He emphasized his view that Jenner would be an unfit mother and that her relationship with Scott was never going to last.

Many conspiracies about the pregnancy have been circulating on Twitter. Kardashian fans are wondering if Jenner could possibly be the surrogate for Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, who both announced earlier this month that they are expecting their third child through a surrogate.

With the pregnancy news releasing just two days before the “Keeping up with the Kardashians” 10-year anniversary special, it can be speculated that the rumor is simply a publicity stunt to draw in more viewers to the show.

The Kardashian-Jenner family are known for being the center of attention when it comes to ridiculous tabloid stories. Whether or not Jenner is pregnant still remains a matter to be confirmed by Jenner herself.

Fiona Brady is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at fiona.brady@uconn.edu.