Fantasy Football: Week 4 start/sit

Roethlisberger is notorious for his drop in performance away from home. Roethlisberger has had a passer rating in the 60s in each of the last three games in Baltimore, well below his career average of 94. Keep him on your bench. (AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh)

Week 3’s starts were DeShone Kizer, Javorius Allen and DaVante Parker. Kizer and Parker excelled, as the rookie quarterback scored 22.1 fantasy points (ranking him QB12) while Parker caught eight passes for 76 yards and a touchdown. Allen was disappointing as the Ravens left their offense behind on their trip to London.

The sits of Week 3 were then-No. 2 quarterback Trevor Siemian, Jacquizz Rodgers and Marqise Lee. Siemian threw a dud, scoring just 7.6 points on the road. Rodgers was even worse with five carries for just 15 yards in the game. Lee disappointed as well, with only four catches for 65 yards.

Let’s keep it rolling with Week 4.

Start: QB Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals

Palmer is generally a better quarterback at home, which is where he’ll meet one of the league’s worst defenses on Sunday. The Cardinals host the San Francisco 49ers a week after Palmer put up 325 yards and two touchdowns on Monday Night Football. San Francisco was torched by Jared Goff last Thursday and expect more of the same from Palmer.

Sit: QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

Speaking of home/road splits, Roethlisberger is notorious for his drop in performance away from home. The Steelers head to Baltimore to take on the Ravens this week, who will probably play better than they did against the Jaguars last week. Roethlisberger has had a passer rating in the 60s in each of the last three games in Baltimore, well below his career average of 94. Keep him on your bench.

Start: RB Tarik Cohen, Chicago Bears

Cohen takes on the Packers this week on Thursday night, meaning Green Bay has very minimal time to prepare for the rookie 5-foot-6 running back. While Cohen is generally thought of as a third down guy, he has been on the field for 49 percent of the Bears’ offensive snaps this year. I love Cohen going against a high-scoring Packers team with a bad defense, especially in any kind of point per reception league.

Sit: RB Marshawn Lynch, Oakland Raiders

Lynch has suffered a steady decrease in snaps and carries each successive week this season, and was held to six carries for 18 yards last week. It doesn’t get much easier this week as the Raiders head to Denver. The Broncos have the league’s best rushing defense through three weeks, holding opponents to a miserable 2.6 yards per carry. You might remember Ezekiel Elliot being shut down in Denver, expect the same fate for Lynch.

Start: WR Adam Thielen, Minnesota Vikings

Thielen has averaged eight targets per game so far this season and goes up against a Lions passing defense that is in the bottom third of the league. Stefon Diggs had the huge week for the Vikings last week, meaning the Lions should key in on him and provide Thielen with more opportunity. Hopefully Sam Bradford is back for this week, but even if Case Keenum starts at quarterback, Thielen should still be a good start.

Sit: WR Amari Cooper, Oakland Raiders

I’m doubling down on sitting Raiders offensive weapons this week. The Broncos are more notorious for their excellent passing defense and Cooper has had a rough time in Denver in his career. In two games at Denver, Cooper has recorded just 39 total yards despite seeing 16 targets. Cooper was held in check by Josh Norman and company last week and the Broncos will bring another disappointing week to Cooper’s fantasy owners.

Josh Buser is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at joshua.buser@uconn.edu.