Farmhouse Crêpes restaurant is ‘back and better,’ owner says

Renovations to the restaurant included design changes, digital menus, more lights and more food choices, according to Jean.

Farmhouse Crêpes in Storrs Center reopened on Jan. 11, after renovations caused the restaurant to close in late November, according to the owner Tahj-Anthony Jean, a sixth-semester economics major at UConn.

Jean said Farmhouse Crêpes received many calls from customers asking when the public would be able to come in, so it was important to him that the restaurant reopened before UConn students returned from winter break.

Renovations to the restaurant included design changes, digital menus, more lights and more food choices, according to Jean. The restaurant also had a smoke problem when the kitchen was busy, which has now been fixed.

“The renovation process went well,” Jean said. “We did some work on the air circulation in the space to ensure that our customers are comfortable.”

According to the Farmhouse Crêpes website, while the renovations are complete, the restaurant will continue to make enhancements.

Jean explained that his main focus is to still offer the best crêpes and excellent customer service.

“I’m really big on setting goals,” Jean said. “We set annual goals and reevaluate those goals each month to ensure they are in line with what we’re trying to accomplish.”

This year, Farmhouse Crêpes’ goals are exceptional customer service, ensuring freshness of all their fruits and vegetables and giving back to the community, Jean said.

“One customer came in last Sunday and wanted to know if our fruits were frozen,” Jean said. “We are proud to share that all our fruits are fresh, never frozen.”

The restaurant is also researching ways to participate in an organization that makes a difference in world hunger, Jean said, though the plans are still in their early stages.

Farmhouse Crêpes is open every day except Mondays, which are reserved for private events, Jean said. More information can be found on the website.

Ashley Anglisano is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at ashley.anglisano@uconn.edu.