Melissa’s Menu: BBQ Chicken Ring

This week on Melissa's Menu is the BBQ Chicken Ring, a perfect and unique dish for your Super Bowl party. (Screenshot courtesy of BuzzFeed Tasty YouTube)

With the Super Bowl approaching, it’s never too early to start planning out your menu if you plan on hosting a viewing party! Wings, chips and sliders can step aside with this BBQ Chicken Ring you’ll wow your guests and be serving up something unique. It’s everything you want in a game day snack and more.

Ingredients:

• 2 ½ cups cooked chicken, shredded
  • 1 cup red onion, diced
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 16 pieces crescent dough, 2 cans
  • Ranch dressing, to taste

Directions:

First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, red onion and BBQ sauce. Place a small bowl filled with mozzarella cheese in the middle of a greased baking pan and arrange crescent dough triangles around the bowl with the smallest angle on the outside. Sprinkle half of the cheese along the inside of the ring and spoon the BBQ chicken mixture on top of the cheese, also in a circle. Top with the rest of the mozzarella. Lay the top of the triangle over the filling and repeat until the all of the triangles have been wrapped around the filling. Remove center bowl and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into pieces and serve with ranch or any dressing of your choice in a bowl in the middle.

This recipe will satisfy all of your cravings. It’s cheesy, meaty, barbeque-y and it’s all wrapped up in flaky crescent roll goodness. Not only is it super delicious, but it’s ridiculously easy to make. All it takes are a few simple ingredients and you’ll have an amazing treat that looks like it took hours of effort. You can also personalize it and fill it with any ingredients of your choosing, such as buffalo chicken or pepperoni and tomato sauce. This is one recipe that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.

Melissa Scrivani is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at melissa.scrivani@uconn.edu.