Daddy’s Noodle Shop to open in about a month

Daddy's Noodle Shop is located in Storrs Center next to 7-11 where FroYo World used to be. Snow and other delays have setback the opening of the restaurant. (Olivia Stenger/The Daily Campus) 

Students will have to wait about another month before indulging on Daddy’s Noodles at Daddy’s Noodle Shop, which will replace FroYo World in Storrs Center.

“With the snow and the weather, we’ve been held up,” Henry Duong, owner of Daddy’s Noodle Shop, said. “Realistically we’d like to open our doors in March.”

This departure from the opening date of January 2018, which Duong stated last October, is also the result of construction and logistical problems that have occurred, according to Duong.

(http://dailycampus.com/stories/2017/10/18/daddys-coming-pho-real-daddys-noodle-shop-to-open-in-storrs-center)

“We are in the process of nailing down whether we must use electric appliances versus, ideally, gas ones,” Duong said. “In order to use gas it will take a little longer to search and see if we can use the existing ventilation.”

Back in October, Duong said the menu would include “different choices of pho-based or chicken-based broth” with a make-your-own format. He now says the menu is not as concrete.

“The menu probably will have changes from what we envisioned before due to the issue with whether or not we can get gas appliances,” Duong said. “At this point the menu is not totally set.”

Second-semester psychology major Jason Poon, who said in October that he was excited for a taste of home to come to UConn, is now not sure what to expect from the restaurant.

“I was looking forward to it opening after break while the weather was still cold,” Poon said. “Hopefully it will be worth the wait.”

Duong said students must “be patient” and voiced his confidence that the product he will serve will be the best it can be.

“I think the wait will be worth it because we’re trying to get everything up to our standards of excellence,” Duong said. “So with that said, it should be a great deal.”

Andrew Miano is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at andrew.miano@uconn.edu.