Last day to reserve James Comey tickets

Comey served as FBI Director from September 2013 until May 9, 2017, when President Trump fired him. Since then, he has written a book titled “A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies and Leadership” and has made multiple appearances on talk shows and at other events. (thierry ehrmann/Flickr Creative Commons)

Today is the last day to reserve tickets to former FBI Director James Comey’s upcoming talk at the University of Connecticut.

Comey will speak at the Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts on Monday, Oct. 15 at 7 p.m. as the annual Edward Fusco Contemporary Issues Forum’s keynote speaker.

Tickets are free for UConn students, faculty and staff. Members of the Storrs campus who wish to reserve them should go to the Jorgensen box office between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. before Oct. 12 and bring a valid UConn ID, according to the Daily Digest.

Students, faculty and staff at regional campuses and the School of Law can call the Jorgensen box office at (860) 486-4226 and UConn Health faculty, staff and students can email rsvp@uconn.edu to request tickets, the Daily Digest said. Tickets may be picked up at the box office beginning at 5:30 p.m. on Oct. 15.

One ticket is allowed per person and attendees will be asked to present both their tickets and their UConn IDs at the door, the Daily Digest said. Doors open one hour before the talk begins and audience members must be in their seats by 6:55 p.m.

UConn spokesperson Stephanie Reitz said Comey is a great candidate for this year’s Edward Fusco Contemporary Issues Forum, as its founder envisioned UConn inviting well-known speakers who are fascinating, relevant, thought-provoking and sometimes controversial.

“As part of his philanthropic support for the university, the late Edmund Fusco wanted to enable UConn to host major speakers on its campuses, and he created the series with a private donation specifically for that purpose,” Reitz said.

“Given the important, high-profile role that James Comey has played in American public life in recent years, he was an ideal choice for this program.”

Comey will be paid about $100,000 to talk at UConn and his appearance is privately funded by Fusco, according to the Hartford Courant.

Comey served as FBI Director from September 2013 until May 9, 2017, when President Trump fired him. Since then, he has written a book titled “A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies and Leadership” and has made multiple appearances on talk shows and at other events.

Gabriella DeBenedictis is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at gabriella.debenedictis@uconn.edu.