Huskies in the NFL: A meager Week Eight 

Kapri Bibbs carries the ball into the end zone for a touchdown as Byron Jones (31) chases him. Sunday, Oct. 21, 2018 in Landover, Md. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

Look, the UConn to the NFL pipeline has never been as robust as typical powerhouses. But even with some lean years under Bob Diaco and Paul Pasqualoni, the Huskies still have a respectable NFL contingent. Sometimes, they don’t make that much noise, but when they do, it is worth noting. Here is what they did in week eight of the NFL season 

Nick Williams 

Back from free agent purgatory, wide receiver Williams was signed by the Los Angeles Rams during the week in large part as a replacement for the ailing Cooper Kupp. A longtime Atlanta Falcon, Williams made two receptions for seventeen yards on two targets as Los Angeles took down the San Francisco 49ers 39-10. They were his first two catches of the season after appearing in two games for the Tennessee Titans earlier in the year. His first reception came at 4:43 in the second quarter on a 3rd & 4th at the Rams’ 46-yard line. Goff hit him for a six-yard pass down on the left side. On a 2nd & 12 at the Rams 23, Goff found him for 11 yards before Reuben Foster brought him down at 11:59 in the third quarter. 

Geremy Davis 

Los Angeles Chargers wideout and special teamer Geremy Davis did not record any plays of denotation on Sunday, but it is worth noting he and the team were part of the league’s annual London games as they defeated the Tennessee Titans by one point across the Atlantic Ocean. 

Ryan Griffin 

One of the few consistent Husky contributors at the next level, Griffin had been starting and playing regularly for the Houston Texans this season. Unfortunately for UConn and Houston fans alike, Griffin was out with an illness this week, but it did not prevent the Texans from picking up a key win against AFC South rival the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

Byron Jones 

Since Jones moved from safety back to cornerback this season, he has been an ace for a mediocre Dallas Cowboys team. Coming into the week, Pro Football Focus had Jones as their best cornerback in their analytically driven rankings. This week, Jones posted four tackles, two of them solo but the Cowboys lost to their NFC East rival the Washington Redskins 20-17. 

Anthony Sherman 

The pride of North Attleborough, Massachusetts did not record any traditional stats at his fullback slot this weekend. But he was a part of a Kansas City Chiefs offense that exploded for 45 points in a drubbing of the Cincinnati Bengals. Of note was when he got in a jawing match with Bengals linebacker and established goon Vontaze Burfict. 

Matt Barresi is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at matthew.barresi@uconn.edu.