Here’s what’s coming and leaving Netflix in November

Good Will Hunting returns in November 2018 (TV Guide)

November is fast approaching and so are new releases on Netflix. With spooky season coming to an end after Wednesday, the popular streaming site is preparing for the holiday season whether you’re ready or not. The Netflix originals “Angela’s Christmas” and “The Holiday Calendar” will be available by the end of this week, while “The Princess Switch” and “The Christmas Chronicles” will be released later in the month. If you aren’t in the Christmas mood yet, Netflix understands and is adding several classic movies, new seasons of your favorite shows and more. Here’s what’s coming and leaving Netflix next month. 

Now that it’s getting colder outside, Netflix knows you need more movies to watch on your cozy nights in. The streaming platform will be releasing classics such as “Good Will Hunting” and “Sixteen Candles” on Thursday, Nov. 1, to satisfy those who are nostalgic for the 80s and 90s. For sci-fi lovers, “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” and “Cloverfield” will be available to you by the end of this week. Netflix will add to its list of rom-coms with “Sex and the City: The Movie” this Friday and “The Break-Up” starring Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn on Friday, Nov. 16. 

As usual, Netflix is scheduled to release a wide variety of original movies and shows for the new month. Watch the brand new series “Brainchild” starting Nov. 2 to learn more about the science of the world, from germs and emotions to social media, in a refreshingly relatable way. For food fiends interested in a 10-week competition between amateur bakers, you can tune in to collection 6 of “The Great British Baking Show” beginning on Friday, Nov. 9. Witness the birth of the Mexican drug war in the 1980s on Nov. 16 when Netflix releases the first season of the new violent, dark and exciting “Narcos: Mexico.”   

Need a show to binge-watch during Thanksgiving break? If you’re a fan of the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning series “House of Cards,” Netflix has you covered. Season 6 of the political drama comes out on Friday, Nov. 2, sans former star Kevin Spacey as a result of the sexual harassment and assault accusations made against him in 2017. This final season will contain only eight episodes as opposed to the 13 that fans are used to. 

Unfortunately, since Netflix is in with the new it is also out with the old for November. Say goodbye to everyone’s favorite throwback action-sci-fi-adventure film, “Jurassic Park” this Friday. “Jurassic Park III” and “The Lost World: Jurassic Park” will also be taken off the streaming sight this week. Your last call to watch seasons 1 through 5 of “Undercover Boss” is Saturday, Nov. 17. 

For the full list of what’s coming and going, check out lifehacker.com.

Rachel Lamore is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at rachel.lamore@uconn.edu.