Melissa’s Menu: Graveyard enchilada dip

Enchiladas and Halloween. What a combo! (Delish.com)

Halloween is just around the corner, and one of the best parts of any holiday is all the foods that come with it. Halloween is a great time to get creative with recipes and to make them as spooky as you can. This week’s recipe is an appetizer that is sure to get any Halloween party off to a great start: graveyard enchilada dip. It’s exactly what it sounds like. All of your favorite components of an enchilada come together wonderfully in this easy dip, and the toppings of lettuce and tortilla “graves” make it look perfect for Halloween. This appetizer is sure to bury the competition!

Ingredients

2 cups of shredded pepper Jack cheese
1 cup of enchilada sauce
1 cup of shredded rotisserie chicken
12 oz of cream cheese, softened
14 oz can of green chiles
1 tbsp. of taco seasoning
4 flour tortillas
Tortilla chips, for serving

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. In a large bowl, combine pepper jack cheese, enchilada sauce, rotisserie chicken, cream cheese, green chilis and taco seasoning. Transfer the dip to a cast-iron skillet and bake until warmed throughout and bubbly, which should take about 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, make tortilla “graves” by cutting tortillas into grave shapes and place them on a baking sheet (see picture as a reference). Bake the tortillas until sturdy, about five to seven minutes. Top the dip with shredded lettuce and insert graves. Feel free to add any other toppings of your choice to make the dip look extra spooky. Serve with tortilla chips.