The stars take on Halloween

For Stormi’s first Halloween, the mother-daughter duo dressed up as butterflies, inspired by Travis Scott’s album “The Butterfly Effect.” (@kyliejenner/Instagram)

Halloween has arrived in full force, and some celebrities started the trend early. Each year, stars look to make big statements and go all-out for the holiday’s festivities, and this year is no exception.

Here are some of this year’s top costumes to help you get you in the Halloween spirit.

Kardashians

The Kardashians/Jenners are known to go all-out for Halloween each year and always seem to come up with creative costumes.

Leading the way is Kendell Jenner. She attended the Casamigos Halloween party at Catch Las Vegas on Saturday dressed up as an Austin Powers fembot from the “International Man of Mystery” film that debuted in 1997.

She paired a bubblegum pink dress with a high-flying blonde wig to perfectly encapsulate the fembot look seen in the movie.

For Stormi’s first Halloween, the mother-daughter duo dressed up as butterflies, inspired by Travis Scott’s album “The Butterfly Effect.” During a recent YouTube video, Kylie Jenner revealed she has low-key plans for celebrating her daughter’s first Halloween.

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner

Next up is Joe Jonas and his fiancée Sophie Turner. Jonas dressed up as Sansa, the character played by Turner in HBO’s hit series “Game of Thrones.” Turner chose to go as an elephant, wearing a full-body gray suit complete with large ears and a trunk.

The couple attended Kate Hudson’s star-studded annual Halloween party in Los Angeles on Saturday night, which was also attended by Ashley Greene, Jonas’s ex-girlfriend.

Greene arrived dressed as Robin Hood from Disney’s popular cartoon. Jonas and Greene dated from July 2010 to March 2011.

Olivia Munn

Olivia Munn was also in attendance at Hudson’s celebration. Munn arrived in an iridescent jacket accompanied with grey spandex and see-through boots.

The 38-year old actress, known for her role in “Iron Man 2”, captioned a photo booth picture using the hashtag “yeezyseason27” on her Instagram later in the night, implying that her and her friends were dressed as Yeezy Season 27 models.

Sarah Hyland and Wells Adams

The “Modern Family” star Hyland and her boyfriend Adams chose to take a funnier route for their costumes this year.

Hyland sported a taco costume, while Adams took a less conventional path and dressed as Belle from “Beauty and the Beast.”

Although they have only been dating for one year, the couple is already becoming well-known for their Halloween costumes. Last year, they wore costumes inspired by the hit Netflix series “Stranger Things.”

It seems that playful, funny costumes are taking over as fan favorites this year.

Rita Ora

(@ritaora/Instagram)

(@ritaora/Instagram)

The English singer and actress is seen in this side-by-side picture as an almost perfect replica of Post Malone. Ora wrote on Twitter, “Posttyyyyyy I LOVE YOU BRO.”

Ora completed the look with face tattoos, grills, a beard and rocked a denim jacket that said, “Post Malone.”

Ora wore this costume to the KISS Haunted House Party in London and it quickly became regarded as one of the best costumes so far this year, with her tweet receiving 14,900 favorites.

It is predicted that Post Malone will be a popular costume this year since the release of his album “Beerbongs & Bentleys” released this past April.

With Halloween in full swing, celebrities have already made their mark. From fembots to tacos, and almost everything in between, this year has proven to have some of the most unique and creative costumes. Festivities will continue through the rest of the week, so be on the lookout for even more surprises.

Emma Gehr is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at emma.gehr@uconn.edu.