UConn Graduates start an AR Company

Two MBA students from UConn founded ARsome Technologies, an Augmented Reality development company. (Eric Wang/The Daily Campus)

Benjamin Williams and David Oyanadel are two University of Connecticut graduates who now run an Augmented Reality or AR company called ARsome Technology Group nm, a software company that creates augmented, mixed, and virtual reality for business and education, located in Manchester, Conn.

Both men attended the UConn School of Business graduate program with Williams graduating with an MBA in 2016 and Oyanadel graduating with an Executive MBA in 2017, Williams said. They started their company about two years ago.

“We build custom experiences based on the learning or business objective of the organization,” said Williams, the CEO of the company. “We have clients all around the world - California, Boston to Australia, Brazil. We are located in Manchester, CT.”

Williams explained how virtual reality is becoming more common place in the world. His team had recently worked with the Hartford community by creating an interactable Mark Twain statue that gave some facts about the author.

Another project they worked on was an AR menu for restaurants. By selecting a dish on their phone, people could see a preview of what the dish looked like and the size of the dish offered.

Oyanadel said he looks fondly upon his UConn experience.

"Although I had a successful career before joining UCONN's Executive MBA program, the exposure outside of my comfort zone solidified my current abilities, gained new skills, and made new friends for life - a fabulous study plan," commented Oyanadel, the company’s CIO.

Williams mentioned that the company recently hired Joshua Johnson, the Director of Partnerships and another UConn graduate.

"UConn provided me with real world analytical skills that I use in my current position at ARsome Technology,” Johnson said.

For more information regarding the company, visit their website at http://arsometechs.com/.

Williams said he is thankful for the opportunity UConn has given him.

"Being apart of the UConn community has been nothing but awesome. I look forward to strengthening our relationship, and excited for what the future holds," Williams said.

Joshua Oculam is a campus correspondent for the Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at joshua.oculam@uconn.edu.