Melissa’s Menu: Baked shrimp scampi

The classic baked shrimp scampi recipe includes only 10 minutes of prep time. (delish.com/screenshot)

If you’re looking for a fancy dinner recipe that’s super easy to make, look no further. This week’s recipe is baked shrimp scampi. The Italian-American dish is a classic, and this recipe includes only 10 minutes of prep time. Anyone could make this dish, regardless of cooking skill level. It’s lemony, garlicky and incredibly delicious. The next time you don’t know what to make for dinner or are looking to impress someone with your cooking skills, let this be your go-to.

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tablespoons of chopped parsley, divided
2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 tablespoons of white wine
Juice and zest of one lemon
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 pounds of cooked angel hair pasta, for serving
Sliced crusty bread, toasted

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large baking dish, combine shrimp, two tablespoons of parsley, butter, white wine, lemon juice and zest, shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, mix panko with olive oil and the remaining tablespoons of parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle panko mixture over shrimp. Bake until the shrimp is cooked through and bread crumbs are golden and crispy which should take about 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp. Serve the shrimp warm over pasta with a squeeze of lemon and bread on the side. I would recommend using spaghetti or angel hair pasta and dipping the bread into the juices from the pan.

Melissa Scrivani is the associate life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at melissa.scrivani@uconn.edu.