Track: Valentine's comes before Valentine's

The Track team practices outdoors in a different season (Charlotte Lao/The Daily Campus)

The UConn Men’s Track & Field team took part in the Boston University David Hemery Valentine Invitational on Friday and Saturday and many athletes had great showings. This meet was unlike any other that the Huskies have experienced this season with over 90 teams and thousands of athletes participating.

One of the best performances of the day for the Huskies was from senior captain Michael O’Donnell who ran a time of 4:02.87 in the mile. This time was a personal best on the season for O’Donnell, and it also sits on top of the rankings in The American. Fellow runner Kyle Barber is currently in third place in The American for the mile after achieving a personal best time of 4:08.11. Other Huskies that ran personal best times in the mile over the weekend are Ian Mickool (4:15.43), Will Brisman (4:18.34) and James Mas (4:29.25).

UConn also had a strong showing in the 400m with all four runners registering personal bests. Trenten Beram is currently in eighth place in The American after running a time of 47.81 and placing 13th out of 182. The rest of the 400m for the Huskies included Kyle Trocki (49.28), Daniel Linehan (49.32) and Omar Gebril (49.87).

There were multiple other Huskies that also set personal bests, including Terrell Cunningham who ran a time of 1:52.98 in the 800m. Michael McGonnigle and Aidan Fiol each set personal bests in the 3000m, running times of 8:24.77 and 8:29.73, respectively. Pole Vaulter Caleb Kasupski reached a height of 4.80m (15’ 9”), and jumper Safir Scott jumped 6.63m (21’ 9”) in the long jump.

The Huskies have two weeks until their next meet when they will head down to Birmingham Alabama to take part in the American Athletic Conference Championship on Feb. 24.