Valentine’s Day outfits to wear out or in

FILE - This Nov. 10, 2010, file photo, shows artist Robert Indiana's LOVE sculpture in John F. Kennedy Plaza, also known as Love Park, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke, File)

Perhaps one of the most stressful things to decide on Valentine’s Day isn’t what you’re going to give your partner or where you’re both going to eat (which comes into a close second if we’re being honest). One of the big questions is: what the heck are you going to wear? Which outfit is the cutest and most Instagrammable? Are you and your partner going to match and make yourselves #vdaygoals?

As someone who loves dressing up for special events or browsing online and piling up a virtual shopping cart, I have some ideas for what my ladies can wear for this year’s Valentine’s Day. I even have some ideas for ladies for Galentine’s day. I didn’t forget my girls (like myself) who will be chilling out on Valentine’s Day enjoying another night of watching cute rom-coms.

If you’re going out for a simple dinner in honor of the holiday, one can’t go wrong with a simple blush pink dress. I would also recommend a white dress but only if you’re feeling a little adventurous. The deep V-neck is back in style this year, so I would definitely take advantage of this look. Whether you want a short or long dress is entirely up to you. I enjoy a bit of arm so I would go for straps. However, long sleeves keep it classy as well.

With a simple dress comes simple jewelry. I am obsessed with chokers, so a choker and long necklace combination in either silver or gold would look really good. As for the shoes, if you’re going long, a nice pair of black heels will pull the look together. If you want a little more comfort, you could pull a Serena Williams on her wedding day and opt for a pair of white sneakers.

I would go for a simple clutch to keep what you need close to you. Having a large handbag will not go with this outfit, unless you plan on sneaking some food out with you. Then by all means, go ahead.

For my Galentine’s Day girls, rebel this season and go for a nice LBD (little black dress). Not only do I think everyone should have this staple in their closet, it’s something you can wear any time of year, not just for this day. Imagine a crew of you and your girlfriends out on the town wearing your LBD’s, some strappy heels and statement jewelry. Find your best hype music while you imagine this. I’ll wait.

I didn’t forget those who want to stay in and just relax on V-day, whether by themselves or with a group of close girlfriends. You can’t go wrong with a comfy pair of sweatpants and worn in t-shirt or sweatshirt. The best accessory by far is a pizza pie. I would personally order the BBQ Chicken and Onion Ring Pizza from Ted’s. The only requirement for pizza is a heart shape.

If you’re going for an Instagram vibe, there are a ton of cute matching sets for PJs that are not only comfortable, but great outfits for a photo op. A cute set would be boxer briefs and a tank top or cute t-shirt.

Enjoy your Valentine’s Day stylishly, however you are celebrating it!

Kimberly Nguyen is the associate managing editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at