Valentine's Day Sex Playlist

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and for those of us that aren’t alone, it means a night of consensual sex. Yay!! Sex is natural and it is to be expected on a campus with a population this huge. Sex on campus can be difficult and sometimes uncomfortable as well. To take your mind off the rickety twin bed and noisy floormates this Valentine’s Day, add these songs to your “Sexy fun time” playlist. Music improves the overall sexual experience. But, not just any music. R&B in particular helps set the mood more than any other genre. If you plan to get it on with someone else this Valentine’s Day or just plan on whipping out that trusty vibrator, these songs are great for setting the mood! Be safe, kids.

1. “Get You” by Daniel Caesar: This one seems like a no brainer. Daniel Caesar has been at the forefront of mushy, gooey and sexual love songs for a while now and “Get You” is the most popular of those. Combining that smooth R&B sound with his angelic voice, it’s the perfect song to get down to business to.
  2. “Rocket” by Beyonce: This song is riddled with sexual metaphors and it doesn’t really take a genius to figure them out. Beyonce is the queen of owning her sexuality through her music and dancing and “Rocket” is no different. A big part of sex is the pleasure and it’s so much more pleasurable when you’re “comfortable in [your] skin.” Release your inner Sasha Fierce and do your thang!
  3. “Tonight (Best You Ever Had)” by John Legend: Any song by John Legend in general is bound to end with an amazing night, but “Tonight” tops the list. Confidence is one of the most attractive traits a person can have. John makes that clear with this line: “Baby, tonight you need that, tonight believe that. Tonight I’ll be the best you ever had.”
  4. “Too Deep” by DVSN: Sometimes sex is seen as sealing the deal in a relationship. Once you have sex with someone, you’ve made a sort of commitment to them and “Too Deep” perfectly captures that viewpoint on sex. The entire song is full of double entendres, each one of the physical and emotional type. For example, the lead singer says, “And I think we’re in too deep, don’t wanna pull out.” Now, that can easily be interpreted two ways. This goes to show that celebrating Valentine’s Day as a couple means more now in this stage of our lives than it did in middle school. Be careful of what you’re getting into.
  5. “Kiss It Better” by Rihanna: As if the title wasn’t enough to tell you what was going on, the song could also be a way to make covert requests during sex. You don’t want to ruin the moment by talking so take your cue from this song and get down to business. Riri has never been one to shy away from asking for what she wants when she wants it and you don’t have to be either (as long as your partner is comfortable with that).

Kanthalina Andreus is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at kanthalina.andreus@uconn.edu.