Thirsty Thursday: Fireball Spiked Chai

The past few days have been a nice reprieve from the cold, but today the weather has turned dreary once again. When the weather is unpredictable, it can be hard to gauge what kind of drink you should enjoy at the end of a long day. For this week’s Thirsty Thursday, we wanted to create a drink that is adaptable to whatever the weather might hold. Our Fireball Spiked Chai can be served both hot and cold and packs a powerful punch of flavor.

• 1/3 Cup of Chai Concentrate
  • 1/3 Cup of Milk
  • One to two shots of Fireball

Pour the milk and chai concentrate into a microwave-safe mug and microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring halfway. Add the Fireball, and stir. You can put in as much or as little Fireball as you want, but recommend about 1 or 2 shots just to ensure that you get the full cinnamon flavor of the drink. If serving hot, top with whip cream and a little bit of cinnamon. If you want to serve this drink cold, let it cool before serving over ice.

Our Fireball Spiked Chai is absolutely delicious. The spiced chai concentrate that we used worked perfectly with the cinnamon flavor of Fireball . If you don't have any chai concentrate there are plenty of easy (and cheap!) recipes available online. If you're looking for a drink that is just as adaptable as a UConn student, our Fireball Spiked Chai is the perfect drink for any weather.   

Thirsty Thursday is created by of-age students in the Daily Campus Life section. Recommendations can be sent to We will respond if sober.