Events and post-grad opportunities for UConn seniors

Barnes and Noble hosts an annual Grad Fair which will take place March 28 and 29 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. this year, Jessica Sokol, student alumni association advisor, said. (File/The Daily Campus)

There are several events and postgraduate opportunities available to University of Connecticut seniors.

Barnes and Noble hosts an annual Grad Fair which will take place March 28 and 29 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. this year, Jessica Sokol, student alumni association advisor, said.

There is also a “Senior Send-Off Celebration” where seniors can get their senior portraits done for the Nutmeg Yearbook, purchase regalia and pick up Commencement tickets, Sokol said. The event will be held on Friday, April 27 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Alumni Center.

The celebration will be one of the few times when the Class of 2018 can come together to celebrate their graduation, Sokol said.

“We’ll have food trucks and stations (including the Dairy Bar ice cream truck; others to be announced soon), giveaways, and lots of fun for seniors,” Sokol said.

Sokol said there will be other events planned for the celebration, such as cap decorating.

Students can buy their graduation regalia online through Barnes and Noble.

A list of commencement times and more will be listed on the main commencement website, university spokesperson Stephanie Ritz said.

Seniors can also participate in this year’s “Classic Europe Grad Trip” for $2,845, according to the AESU Alumni Worldwide Travel website. The 12-day trip includes travel to England, France, Italy, Vatican City and Greece, according to the website.

The website has information for seniors interested in the trip, such as a day-by-day itinerary, FAQ videos, hotel and meals, transportation information and airfare. Seniors can ask additional questions through a contact button on the homepage.

Seniors can have their yearbook photo taken at the Alumni Center. To view the times and schedule an appointment, those interested can go to nutmeg.uconn.edu/senior-portraits/.

“We only print portraits taken through our photography studio at the UConn Alumni Center in the yearbook,” Nutmeg said.

Seniors can get their yearbook in the fall after they graduate, Nutmeg said in an email. Seniors will get the book mailed to them at the address they provide in the Student Administration System.

Seniors also have the opportunity to get a senior button all year at either senior events or the Alumni Center.

Kimberly Nguyen is the associate managing editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at kimberly.nguyen@uconn.edu.