Pre-PA club to hold CPR certification drive Sunday

The class will take place on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Willis Nichols Hawley Armory on campus, Maclelland said. (Facebook/UCONNPPA)

The University of Connecticut’s Pre-Physician Assistant Patient Care Alliance (PAPCA) will offer CPR certification through the Red Cross this Sunday, Feb. 25, CPR Coordinator Victoria Maclelland said.

The class will take place on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Willis Nichols Hawley Armory on campus, Maclelland said.

“Anyone can participate in the course,” Maclelland said. “If you are not able to make it to the class on (Feb. 25), we are going to be offering another class in early April.”

The course will cost $35 for PAPCA members and $45 for nonmembers, according to the club’s advertisement for the event.

Students can sign up for the event by emailing papca.cpr@gmail.com, Maclelland said.

Maclelland, a certified American Red Cross Instructor, said she believes CPR certification is “a must-have.”

“A CPR certification is something that I think every person should have because it provides you with the knowledge to be able to help someone in need,” Maclelland said. “Participants learn valuable techniques that could help save the life of a friend, family member or stranger, and to me that's priceless.”

Andrew Miano is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at andrew.miano@uconn.edu.