USG Elections to be held Feb. 27-Mar. 1

More information on the candidates can be found on the Vote @ UConn site. (File/The Daily Campus)

University of Connecticut Joint Election voting will be open from noon on Feb. 27 to noon Mar. 1, according to the Vote @ UConn website.

Students can vote on the Vote @ UConn site, according to the Administrative and Program Support for Leadership and Organizational Development Programs, Services and Initiatives Shari Latif.

Once on the site, students should click on the link that reads, “Click here to VOTE- 2018 Spring Joint Elections 2/27/2018-3/1/2018.” From there, students should log on with their netID and password to vote.

Students can vote for candidates to fill Undergraduate Student Government positions, such as President, Vice President, Comptroller and Senators, as well as for a graduate student to sit on the Board of Trustees.

Running unopposed for USG president and vice president is Ama Appiah & Wawa Gatheru.

According to the Vote @ UConn page, Appiah and Gatheru plan to work towards a more inclusive campus and improve advising relations, support environmental programs and increase support for post-undergraduate success.

Running for USG comptroller is Richa Jain, Leyla Phanor and Priyanka Thakkar.

Running for the graduate student seat on the Board of Trustees are Kaitlyn Anderson, Tyler Daddio, Glenn Holmes, Shaan Kamal, Adam Kuegler, Syed Saud, Mohaned Serdah and Samuel Surowitz.

Christine Savino will continue her term as the undergraduate student on the Board of Trustees.

More information on the candidates can be found on the Vote @ UConn site.

Molly Desrochers is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at