Women’s Lacrosse: Nolan, Huskies strive for more success against UNH

The Women's Lacrosse team comes up with a win against California 12-8 on Friday, February 23, 2018. Grace Nolan led the Huskies with 4 points. (Charlotte Lao/The Daily Campus)

The UConn women’s lacrosse team will look to keep the good times rolling when they travel to Durham, New Hampshire, to face off against the University of New Hampshire at 3 p.m. Wednesday.

UConn is fresh off a 12-8 win over California last Friday and will hope to ride the offensive prowess of senior attacker Grace Nolan to another win against the Wildcats.

Nolan contributed all across the board in her last game, tallying four goals and three assists for a game-high seven points.

While Nolan paced the team in points, the Huskies got solid offensive contributions from several other players as well. Caitlin Leary, Kelsey Catalano, Lexi Kenneally and Olivia Miles each scored at least one goal, making the Huskies’ offense a little more unpredictable.

Team defense also played a large role in the win Friday. They held California to only eight goals, but even more impressive was how UConn limited them to only 17 shots while attempting 32 of their own. If the Huskies can do more of the same Wednesday against the Wildcats, they should be in good shape.

UNH enters the home contest having also notched a win in their last game, that one being a 13-4 blowout over Central Connecticut State University.

Both teams are 2-2 for the season coming into this game, so this matchup is sure to be hard fought on both sides.

Today’s matchup will also be the 17th time the two schools have faced off in program history, with UConn holding an 8-6 win advantage in those head-to-head games.

A win today would mark multiple “firsts” of the year for the Huskies. It would be their first road win, first time winning back-to-back games and the first time their record would be over .500 this season.

The game will be played at the Bremner Field at the University of New Hampshire.

Zac Lane is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at zac.lane@uconn.edu.