Everything you need to know about Kylie Jenner’s pregnancy

Kylie Jenner attends The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute benefit gala in New York on May 1, 2017. In an Instagram post Sunday, Feb. 4, Jenner announced the birth of her baby girl born Thursday. (Evan Agostini/AP)

After nine long months of speculation and rumors, Kylie Jenner has officially announced what we have all been wondering: she has been pregnant and has already given birth to a baby girl. Yup. She did that. One of the most prominent figures in social media was able to cover up an entire pregnancy, only to upstage the Super Bowl and release a 10-minute compilation video of her journey to motherhood.

The 20-year-old reality star welcomed a daughter with 25-year-old boyfriend, rapper Travis Scott on Feb. 1. She waited until Feb. 4 to make the announcement, releasing a statement through Instagram.

“I'm sorry for keeping you in the dark through all the assumptions. I understand you're used to me bringing you along on all my journeys. My pregnancy was one I chose not to do in front of the world,” Jenner wrote. “I knew for myself I needed to prepare for this role of a lifetime in the most positive, stress free, and healthy way I knew how. There was no gotcha moment, no big paid reveal I had planned. I knew my baby would feel every stress and every emotion so I chose to do it this way for my little life and our happiness. Pregnancy has been the most beautiful, empowering, and life changing experience I've had in my entire life and I'm actually going to miss it. I appreciate my friends and especially my family for helping me make this special moment as private as we could. My beautiful and healthy baby girl arrived February 1 and I just couldn’t wait to share this blessing. I’ve never felt love and happiness like this I could burst! Thank you for understanding.”

She also released a YouTube video titled “To Our Daughter” which features interviews with Kylie’s friends and footage of the star throughout her pregnancy, including her baby shower, talking to Scott’s family, doctor visits and Kylie holding baby Chicago West. The video makes it clear that she is excited to be a mother and that her friends think she will do an excellent job.

Kylie’s family also shared her excitement through social media. Khloe posted a picture of the two and their baby bumps on Instagram, while Kris tweeted, “God is SO good!! I am so excited and thrilled to welcome another precious baby girl to our beautiful, ever growing family. We are blessed beyond belief!”

Baby daddy Scott also tweeted out, saying “2.1.18 4 ever New rager in town. !!!”

This announcement and pregnancy footage finally puts an end to her fans pouring over every glimpse of Kylie they’ve gotten in the past six months. People have been anxiously awaiting her confirmation or denial of the news, waiting for some huge reveal that never came. Kylie has been notably MIA for months; missing from the Kardashian Christmas card, not posting on social media and even not being filmed for Keeping up with the Kardashians; all of which fed into the pregnancy rumors. Calvin Klein released a photoshoot with the Kardashian-Jenner sisters in late January which featured a very covered up and hidden Kylie. Once again fans went nuts.

Kylie has yet to release the baby’s name, but fans speculate that it is “Posie,” short for mariposa, the Spanish word for butterfly. This stems from several different clues pieced together, such as Kylie wearing butterfly jewelry, having a lip-kit called “Posie K,” and Scott’s song “The Butterfly Effect,” which was released around the time Kylie would have become pregnant.

Kylie’s baby arrives nearly two weeks after Kim’s third baby Chicago and only a few months before Khloe’s baby. It’s already clear that the Kardashians will remain one of the most talked about and controversial celebrity families for another year.

Melissa Scrivani is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at melissa.scrivani@uconn.edu.