UConn student charged for stalking and disorderly conduct

Ze Wei Weng, 20, of Orange, Connecticut was arrested by UConn Police in Terry Hall after the victim called police and told them Weng had been harassing her. (Jon Sammis/The Daily Campus)

A University of Connecticut student was charged with second-degree stalking and disorderly conduct for harassing an individual with whom he had a no contact order last week, police said.

Ze Wei Weng, 20, of Orange, Connecticut was arrested by UConn Police in Terry Hall after the victim called police and told them Weng had been harassing her. The police said the victim told them Weng had been waiting outside her door while she was in the shower.

Weng said he had been there to give her a gift to apologize for a verbal altercation that occurred in December.

“I was giving her a gift and I was there to apologize…that’s it,” he said.

The victim told police Weng had harassed her multiple times in the past and had expressed her desire to not speak with Weng. Weng told police he was aware the victim did not wish to speak with him and that he had violated her wishes, police said.

Weng and the victim both had no contact orders from the university, police said.

Police said the victim told them when she saw Weng waiting outside her door she became afraid. Weng attempted to speak with her but she closed the door on him, but he attempted to talk to her for the next 10 minutes.

Weng said the victim threw his gift at him and he received a concussion. A note signed by a doctor from Yale New Haven Hospital on Feb. 4 said he was treated for dizziness resulting from an assault that occurred three days prior.

UConn Police said the case is still an open investigation and any further information obtained through the course of the investigation will determine future police actions.

Weng has been temporarily suspended from the university due to his violation of the no contact order, he said.

Weng’s bond was set at $10,000 and his court date is Feb. 13.

Anna Zarra Aldrich is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at anna.aldrich@uconn.edu. She tweets @ZarraAnna.