Town of Mansfield holding Celebrate Mansfield Festival t-shirt design contest

Celebrate Mansfield is a yearly festival celebrating the town. (Amar Batra/The Daily Campus)

For the first time, the Town of Mansfield is accepting t-shirt design submissions for its annual Celebrate Mansfield Festival.

The contest is open to everyone and t-shirt submission designs are being accepted until 4 p.m. March 23. A winner will be announced on April 20 and the winning artist will receive $100 and five free t-shirts, according to a Mansfield Downtown Partnership press release.

T-shirt entries must include the words “Celebrate Mansfield Festival” and either “15th annual” or “2018,” according to the press release. It must be suitable for any color t-shirt, have a maximum of two colors in it and cannot have any inappropriate, offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized content.

“This will be our 15th annual Celebrate Mansfield Festival,” Kathleen Paterson, Communications and Special Projects manager for Mansfield Downtown Partnership, Inc., said. “We thought having a unique design for this year’s shirt would be a fun way to celebrate the milestone.”

The press release said the chosen design will be the “featured artwork” for the 2018 Celebrate Mansfield Festival.

“The t-shirt will be worn by Festival volunteers and sold as part of the commemoration of the 15th year of the Festival which will be Sept. 16, 2018,” the press release said. “Artists are encouraged to submit a design that reflects the Festival spirit of family, fun and community.”

The Celebrate Mansfield Festival is an annual celebration of the people, businesses and community organizations that make Mansfield unique, according to the press release.

“The Festival takes place in Downtown Storrs and features one hundred activity and food booths, several performance stages and a parade,” the press release said. “Planning for this year’s event has just begun.”

Contestants can submit a pdf of their design to with “Celebrate Mansfield Festival T-Shirt Design Contest Submission” as the subject line, according to the press release. Entries must include the contestant’s full name, address, email and telephone number.

Gabriella DeBenedictis is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at