Construction Update: March 6th

Before May 2018 commencement, roads will be repaved and landscaping will be restored, according to UConn Today. (Amar Batra/The Daily Campus)

Construction will resume this month on North Eagleville Road in preparation for the next phase of a multi-year project aiming to replace water pipes, steam lines and other underground infrastructure, according to UConn Today.

Starting Monday, March 5, crews will start excavating rock near the Torrey Life Sciences building. During times of work, some sidewalks may be closed. Only one-way of traffic will be permitted, with police helping direct the traffic, according to UConn Today.

Utility installation work began Friday, March 2 on the side of North Eagleville Road near Auditorium Road. At the time, traffic remained two-way, but police were present to help direct the traffic, according to UConn Today.

Before May 2018 commencement, roads will be repaved and landscaping will be restored, according to UConn Today.

Jim Calhoun Way returned to two-way traffic on Friday, March 2. Jorgensen Road is open to local traffic only, with no through traffic allowed.

Ashley Anglisano is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached by email at ashley.anglisano@uconn.edu.